Saturday 11 June 2016

2016 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop



I was excited when Yvonne, Stephanie and Cheryl announced they were going to be hosting the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers blog hop this year and I signed up after a very short amount of thinking time. Luckily, this year they have dropped their usual blogging requirements and I was able to make it through to be a part of the group.

So far, we have been busily working away behind the scenes, getting to know each other through facebook and helping each other with tech issues, doing a pile of housework-y things like adding follow buttons and pages and forming smaller groups to critique each other’s blogs.

My critique group was made up of four others and I highly recommend heading over there for a visit if you get a chance: Sharon is at Yellow Cat Quilt Designs; Melva at Melva Loves Scraps; Jennifer at RV Quilting and Tish at Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland

The critique was hard work, and a little on the nerve wracking side I must admit, but well worthwhile. Only someone who doesn’t know you will spot that you haven’t included your name in your About Me page J.


The next phase of our experience starts next week when the first round of blog hops start. I am in Cheryl’s hive and we are Miss-bee-Hivin’. Here are my fellow hive members who are taking on the first round
Miranda @ I Have Purple Hair

6 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm one of us in Miss-Bee Hiven too. I am so excited to be part of this group. The critiques I received from my mini hive were very helpful and I hope my blog looks and works better now. I thought it would be difficult to receive critiques from strangers, but everything they said was so helpful I allowed myself to take it in and use it to improve my blog. I hope others feel the same. I love your blog by the way! GRANNYcanQUILT.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another question...where did you get your MQG membership button. I am a member of the PEIMQG and we are in the process of making our logo and pin etc, but I would love to have the mother button on my blog for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fun so far hasn't it?!! Looking forward to the Blog Hops starting tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 1.25am here and I can't sleep because my intro post goes live in 3 hours 35 minutes. Scary stuff but so exciting. Good Luck Everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been wonderful having you in my hive, I look forward to your post when it is your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was nervous about the critiques as well! But in the end they turned out to be really great and eye opening. Miss-Bee-Hivin' is a great group! I have enjoyed getting to know everyone :)

    ReplyDelete