Tuesday 6 September 2016

Behind The Scenes

I’ve been slowly making some progress with my Facets Plus Quilt that I’m making as part of the quilt along being hosted by Amanda over at This Mom Quilts. Amanda designed this quilt as well, and even though I’m not exactly keeping to the pattern I am staying within the general design. And I’m loving it!


These are my first round of blocks done in one of the colourways I’m using. Note that it matches in with the sheet on my spare bed which is standing in for a design wall. This is the bed it’s going on once it’s finished so I couldn’t be happier!


I decided to make each colourway separately so that I wouldn’t get confused. That happened anyway and so I’m just making all the rest at once in a big marathon effort. This quilt-along finishes up next Monday so I’m sure you’re wondering if I’m going to have it finished on time. The answer is a resounding no, not even close *sigh*.

Frankly, I blame my tardiness on nerves and anxiety over the designing and writing of my Cloud 9 block tutorial for next week’s hop. I have a rabbit in the headlights response to anxiety which means I operate on super-slow speed and while my practice blocks were made relatively quickly ( the first one being binned, the second one being okay) the final one was made painstakingly slowly, all measurements being triple checked.


If you haven’t heard anything about this upcoming hop all the details are over on Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl’s blog here. Yvonne, Cheryl at Meadow Mist Designs and Stephanie at Late Night Quilter are co-hosts. It will be run over 3 days and there are some very talented quilt bloggers taking part. It’s my turn on Tuesday and I hope you’ll all come back to see what I made then.

See you then!










7 comments:

  1. I am definitely excited to see your block! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one nice quilt. I like the design, and I love the pop of pink, it looks great. My block is finished too, but it is taking so long to write the post, good job it's a simple block. Looking forward to seeing yours next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt, done or not! That little pop of pink is absolutely perfect! I give you full permission to to finish when you finish. You've got a lot on your plate! Me too, as I'm also participating in the Cloud 9 New Block hop. I totally get the rabbit in the headlights thing! Me too. Everything is moving in slow motion and time is passing twice as fast! Can't wait to see your block! I bet it'll be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the fabrics you are using for your Facets Plus Quilt...just keep sewing, just keep sewing (to the tune of Dori the fish). And I'm so excited to see everyone's blocks for the hop next week. You've got this! I have complete faith. I remember my first time participating I was a nervous wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Facets Plus Quilt is going to be stunning. Like Tish said, just keep sewing. I can't wait to see your block in the blog hop next week. Those Cloud 9 Fabrics were a joy to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours! Pretty ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your facets plus blocks are beautiful, I really like the scrappy, yet cohesive look to them.

    ReplyDelete